Thursday 6 December 2012

Dan Thomas - Web Marketing Reflection Post

The marriage of Marketing and the Web have always been a passion of mine so I thoroughly enjoyed the the content covered in this course in particular out of all my courses this semester.

My take-aways from this are many, but most specifically, I learned to more effectively use social media as a tool to achieve objectives, rather than "Everyone is on Facebook, we MUST have a Facebook account."

I look forward to creating more content driven...stuff, and learned a great deal about the proper ways to go about database marketing, which is huge for me.

The book is a great read. It has been one of the most fun(?) textbooks I have ever read. The insights are incredible.

I disliked the flash mob most. It's a project with a large group and a large scope. Our group had several setbacks and, although I am happy with the marketing video we created, given those setbacks, this was my least enjoyed portion of the course.

I was in the hospital for a week this term and out of commission for about two, so the only thing I would have liked to spend more time on were the topics I missed that were covered in that time.

Overall, I really enjoyed the class. HOWEVER....I think having a blended format class with the only physical class being at 8 AM on a Friday morning is a recipe for bad attendance. This "blended" aspect of the class would be a close second to the Flash Mob video on my "dislike" list.

I wish you all the best as future Marketers!

No comments:

Post a Comment