Thursday 6 December 2012

Reflection Post


Reflection Post
My experience in this course was positive. I learned a lot of new things about marketing on the web. This is very useful because marketing on the Internet has become a crucial part of doing business and communicating with consumers.  I was very interested when I learned that there are so many social media tools that I have never even heard of before. I would have normally assumed that a presence on Facebook and Twitter was the right way to use social media no matter what. In the future, when trying to connect with a specific target market through social media I will be more inclined to look at different options other than Facebook and Twitter to see what sites the target market is using.
I really enjoyed the flash mob project. It was a really great experience. I want to be involved in event planning as a career, and this project allowed me to get experience in planning something I’ve never planned before. I will definitely include this project in my portfolio. There is not much I would improve in this class. However, I found components of the brand evaluation to be unnecessarily tedious. For example, having to find out what page the brand showed up on in search engines when typing in specific key words. This was very time consuming because sometimes the brand wouldn’t show up until page 52. Overall, this project helped me to understand how poor online marketing can be a serious detriment to the brand’s image. 

Kaila Schouwstra

No comments:

Post a Comment