Thursday 6 December 2012

Reflection post

I came in to this course with a bit of experience in web marketing, and was quite eager to learn more as I believe that web marketing is an extremely important part of marketing, and will only grow from here.
I found this course very interesting and every class I learned something new.
I was inspired by how complex and deep web marketing is, and how much there is to it.  There are so many intricacies, and so many elements to it.  I thought I already knew quite a bit, but I was barely scratching the surface.  Learning so many new things got me even more interested in web marketing, and I only want to learn more.
I was also inspired by how much there was to every individual element of web marketing.  Whether it is SEO and SEM and all their intricacies, or the elements of a landing page, there is always so much to learn and apply.
I found the history of web marketing and the internet pretty cool as well, as that's something I didn't know much about, and wouldn't have taken the time to learn it without this course.
My favourite part of the course was the flash mob.  It was so awesome getting a bunch of people together, and getting out in public to execute our mob.  Also, putting all of our videos together to be edited and watching the final product was really awesome.  It was cool to see all of our hard work come together and make a cool ad for Mucho Burrito.
My least favourite part was the 8am start time, but making it to class was always worth it.
I wish we would have spent more time SEO, but I realize that it is such a complex and confusing subject.  It's always changing, and there could be more than a few courses to just get the basics down.
I look forward to applying what I've learned in my next coop where I will continue as the junior web marketer.  I also am excited to apply everything to my personal online endeavors, which I am always trying.
This course really helped me advance my knowledge of web marketing, and I am very happy I got the chance to take it.  It was a great class.  I believe that it would be offered in first semester of marketing, as it was a very important aspect to many of the co-op positions.  Had I not had some experience of my own to do with online marketing I would never have gotten my position at my co-op.
Anyway, once again this was an awesome course, I just with it wasn't at 8am, and was offered in the first semester.

1 comment: