Thursday 6 December 2012

Reflection post

         I don't really care much for blended classes and mainly online content. This is especially difficult when there is a textbook to buy which is quite expensive, and it is for a subject that isn't overly important or necessary. I can reflect that I didn't quite learn any new skills throughout this class. Many of the large assignments were undervalued, and the small assignments overvalued. There should have been one culminating final project and student study throughout the year.  
  
          I was unable to do the first assignment in class due to the fact that there were a limited number of topics, each by week. When the list was handed around the class to SEE the topics, people had signed up, and the list was full by the end of the class, and I was left to do the first topic. I was unable to do this topic within the time frame as I did not have a computer or internet access, and had just started training shifts at work. When students who didn't come to the first class came to the second, they were given late dates, new topics, and more leeway than someone who was in class the first day. In the end, I found this class to be a filler class, not teaching anything to the younger, more tech savvy generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment