Thursday 6 December 2012

Reflection

Since taking Web Marketing, my knowledge on the subject has expanded past that of what we learn on the consumer side. I've learned about all the thought processes and planning that is crucial when hosting a webpage for your company - and how essential it is - through the brand evaluation assignment. SEO was by-far the most interesting subject for myself, as its something I've always wondered about before taking the class.

I wish we would of had more time to study and work on the flash mob project. It's biggest challenge was trying to coordinate with only a few people and somehow creating an effective flash  mob with no experience or resources. The overall project, however, was an interesting change in our curriculum here at Mohawk.

Overall, the class was very interesting. It's helped me develop the skill needed to work with brands online, as well as through blogging, which is also an important skill in web marketing. My one wish for this course would have been to spend more time on SEO, as well as social media and how we can use it more effectively for managing a companies brand. Lastly, dividing the class time into separate classes would have helped a lot, as taking in everything once a week in a single two hour class can be difficult to learn from. Regardless, I enjoyed the class and I look forward to seeing everybody after the holidays!

-- By: Robbie Halloran


No comments:

Post a Comment