Thursday 6 December 2012

Reflection


Reflection

This course has taught me a great deal of new and important information that will be useful for my future marketing career. It inspired me to stay up to date with new content and programs on the web, and stay connected with this type of communication. With marketing mainly focusing on reaching your company or brands message to consumers, the internet is now one of this generation’s most popular form of communication. This is important for any marketer to understand, so that they can better or further their knowledge with the web. This is another main reason I was inspired to learn about the content being taught in this course.

            I believe one of the main focuses of content that I learned during this course, that I will further the use of in my future career would be social media. With social media booming with the current generation, it is something that all marketers should be using to promote their company. It is one of the only ways for companies to gain 24 hour access to their consumers, therefore being a major strength for any company. Another part of the course I found very informative and interesting, was the flash mob assignment. It was a great change for myself and classmates to work as a team, and to share creative ideas to make up one final project.

            I would have liked to spend more time on search marketing and metrics. I found those topics in class very interesting, but did not gain enough knowledge from in class lectures. Although the text book was a very good source of information to continue my learning of this subject after the lectures given that day.

            The new form of blended learning was a new experience for me. It is not something that I enjoy or would choose to do again. For me to fully be knowledgeable or intake the best information, is through in class lectures. I can better understand information from hearing the teacher speak and also by writing down the information. This helps me to retain information better as well. For future classes I would rather steer away from the style of blended learning.




No comments:

Post a Comment