Thursday 6 December 2012

Reflection Post

When I first saw that we were studying Web Marketing, I was trying to  figure out what there is to learn about this topic. I thought that there wasn't going to be enough information to learn and thought the class content would be dry and boring.  When the class started I realized that there is a lot to learn when it comes to marketing on the world wide web. 

When I first thought of marketing on the web I began to think of what avenues companies can take. There were annoying pop-up ads, social media and sponsored search ads. After a few weeks I quickly realized that there were a lot more avenues businesses can take. There are so many options for us as marketers to consider when we are ready to market our products and/or services via the web, and I am happy that I have learned these options over the course of the semester. 

As a students, we are all aware of how much time we spend online and I believe we have become so used to seeing online marketing campaigns on the web that we don't even realize what they are. I know that for myself, I don't even realize that when I see ads online, whether it be on my favourite websites or social media networks. These marketing campaigns surround us every time we use the internet and there is no escaping them. 

Learning about these different options we can take when we develop marketing campaigns in the future will be very beneficial and I am happy to know that I know about these options. I enjoyed learning about different 'behind-the-scenes' aspects of web marketing(SEO, analytics, etc.) and I enjoyed completing the flash mob. Although the flash mob was hard to get ready and plan, I think we executed the flash mob very well and I am excited to see how many hits we receive on YouTube.  

Our brand evaluation project(s) showed me what brands can do right and what they may be doing wrong. Although it was time consuming it was very interesting to learn about what a brand does, and what they can do better. It was fun to uncover these details that most consumers overlook.  

Overall, I enjoyed my time in this class and I am happy that I learned what I did. I am happy to know that I am leaving this course with knowledge I did not have when I entered the course. I wish everyone good luck in the future! 

Happy holidays! 

Ryan Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment