Thursday 6 December 2012

Reflection Post


Going into this semester, I never really knew the power that is within marketing via the web. With so much versatility and how fast it is growing, the world wide web continues to grow and marketers are continuing to adapt to this. Whether its social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, to search ads and viral campaigns, I have learned the many ways to market to consumers online. I've also gained a grasp on the history of the internet and how it has developed so much in the last 10 to 15 years. Insane. I found learning something new about an unexplored way of marketing has become very valuable to my future.
Being a student and utilizing the internet and computer use for both school and personal life, I never quite realized the presence of marketing campaigns online. Now that I have taken this class, each time I see an ad I begin to wonder about that company and how their online marketing strategy is working. Must be doing well if I noticed!
There are a few things I take from the course that I did enjoy, and some I didn’t as much. The flash mob project was a great experience, but at times difficult to progress on. Getting a group of people of that size together on numerous occasions was very difficult. On the other hand, the final product was up to our standards and also a great time. The brand evaluation showed me the ins and outs of how a brand can establish themselves and continue to attain new consumers on the web, something I feel will be very useful in the future.
Overall, I enjoyed my time in this class and I have gained a lot of knowledge. It helps to have a good professor such as Christina as well. I wish everyone in this class all the best in their future endeavours, and hope to see you all in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment