Wednesday 5 December 2012


The web marketing course was an interesting one for me. I never would have guessed that marketing in the online medium could have such a critical effect for the success of a campaign or the complexity that is involved in simple tasks such as a search.

With regards to the brand evaluation, this was not one of my favorite parts of this course, because the brand of my choosing. CityKidz has proven to be a brand that didn't meet all the requirements of the evaluation which made it difficult, but this is something that has taught me an important lesson. The lesson is that a company/marketer should always take advantage of all the available opportunities and embrace new ways and methods of reaching out to the customer.


A classmate mentioned in a previous post that getting a group of 6 people together in the same time is a tough task to do. This couldn't be more accurate. We are all students, we all have busy schedules and it's understandable that having a mutual available time is something like seeing a unicorn-its not going to happen. We had the googledocs available for collaboration, but for a project like the flashmob, which requires an actual real-life discussion and complex creative process, I firmly believe that online collaboration is not the way to go for this type of work.


The knowledge I take with me from this course is definitely valuable and will come in handy in my future, because it has provided me with in-depth information about the strategies and tactics a marketer should employ in online environment.


As an overall impression, the web marketing course was a satisfactory one and I enjoyed it entirely.

Best of luck
to everybody.

Hunor Szekely.

No comments:

Post a Comment