Thursday 6 December 2012

Web Marketing Reflection



                Web Marketing has been a knowledge expanding class. At the beginning of the semester I initially thought that nothing was to be learned, and that marketing over the internet was for the most part common sense. That certainly changed quickly. The deeper the class got into content the more complex it turned out to be.  This goes from the use of keywords to the various types of online sellers to the usage of online videos to what makes a website desirable to use or unusable and how ads are produced and paid for. All of the information learned changed my perspective when I am now surfing the internet. Now I look at websites in a different manor and quickly am able to diagnose their competency levels. This, as a marketer, is good to know in the future of how to make websites that have stickiness and that will be a pleasant experience for the consumer.
                This class has led me to want to change, for the better, my employers’ website. I have always recognized its poor design, appeal and general lack of fluidity.  All its shortcomings has weakened our stores ability to successfully branch out, outside of our region. It would be unbelievable to do so given the niche clientele we possess. Given the ability to track specific metrics and how to alter keywords to generally bring our store atop the organic searching list is the first thing I plan to undertake. Then the plan is to improve the ways to get our product showcases to create more online sales for the store. And lastly to improve our social media uses to get more store traffic and get the word out there which we have failed to do seemingly. And after taking the course, this has become all the more apparent and am now willing to take on this challenge for our store.
                When it comes to the assignments, and projects I have some mixed feelings.  I really enjoyed producing and being a apart of the flash mob once, I finally have a group that was willing to take on the task. It was a great experience. My only concern was that in the grand scheme there was a lot of planning and legwork to be done for a mere fifteen percent. I also felt the brand evaluation was fairly extensive, but I recognize that is my own problem for not completing each task as they came. Otherwise everything was very understandable and well proportioned. I really liked the fact that the marks were widely spread out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment