Monday 3 December 2012

Student Reflection Post


Web Marketing was very interesting; I learned a lot about online marketing that applied to current and past jobs I have held. I personally do not like blended learning, because I do not work well alone or without structure. I am not disciplined enough, but I was able to learn well in this format because of the way Christina taught the class. I guess this will get me ready for the working world and real jobs. I really enjoyed the way we used current websites to see problems, issues, and successes. Specifically the brand evaluation was directly related to the content of the course as we went through the semester. This helped me understand and apply the content to a real website. I know that I should have kept up with the second brand evaluation more than I did, but that is something to remember for next semester. Everything is an experience and I will take away what I need to learn and grow. I also learned well when being presented with examples; including being shown actual landing pages, a flash mob being performed, or that video from the very first class that broke down the evolution of the internet. I specifically remember this video, because I used it to study for the mid-term. I found it very helpful.

I really appreciate how prompt Christina was with replying to emails and giving feedback. As she said some of the content was dry, but she made it fun and insightful. This class will apply to many aspects of marketing in the future. I absolutely loved working on the flash mob. This assignment allowed us to be creative and work as a team. The funnest part may have been learning the dance we performed in our flash mob, but there were other parts that were just as exciting.

If there was anything I could change about the course it would be to lower the amount of comments that were required and make the flash mob video assignment worth more of the final grade. I feel there was a great deal of work put into that project and I think it could have been made out of a higher percentage. Overall I really enjoyed this course and think it will apply to my jobs in the future.

I would like to send out a big Thank you to Christina DeVries for the time and effort that was put into each class as well as the slides. Everything including mid-term review, detailed slides, and current examples have helped me through this class.

Thank you

Janelle Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment