Thursday 6 December 2012

Reflection

Web marketing wasn't at all what I initially expected it to be. Although, I can say confidently that I have more insight and knowledge about how marketing is conducted via the internet. Social media is a large component for marketing products and services, and in the last few years it has increased awareness for those who use this medium. It has taught me to look at ads on social media a lot more carefully and has changed my perception.

Due to the brand evaluation assignment I learned that it is crucial for companies in the 21st century to market and advertise their products and services online. Many individuals spend the majority of their time on the internet rather than reading newspapers or magazines. Although, I learned that many companies haven't utilized social media to increase their brand awarness. The company I did my brand evaluation was on Petsmart and it is one of those companines that can benefit through more online marketing.

Finally, the flash mob. I have to say it sounds easier and more fun than it actually was. Aside from the creative component it required a lot of hard work and coordination to get the groups and individuals outside the group to participate. However, the end result is what made the experience worth while.

I hope everyone had a great semester, good luck in the future :)

Erum Bakhsh

No comments:

Post a Comment